Our Little House

Sunday, July 16, 2006

July 10th and afterwards....




The walls have been painted! For the first time, you can see the sky blue color of the kitchen walls.



The cabinet doors have now been painted solid white.



This cast iron sink will become our new sink. All I can say is that it weighs a LOT.



The bathroom looks nice and painted.



This is what the bathroom floor looks like, taken up. See that hole in the corner? Rotten plywood, but that will be fixed.



New floor has been put down in the kitchen!



What the entrance floor looks like. The wood tiles will be removed for hardwood floor.



The bad plywood in the bathroom is being removed.



The backyard neighbors.



Bathroom floor problem solved.



All of the entryway plywood floor will be removed.



A long, tough job.



Finally! They got it all off!



The new plywood is replacing the old...a nice, solid floor in the entryway.



The same thing, really. I was bored, so I took a lot of pictures.



I suppose this picture looks better. "Now which is my best side?"



The kitchen floor in all its glory.



The bathroom floor is repaired! Note the bucket. The bad valves are leaking, and we don't want to get water while the new hardwood is coated.



The plumber replaced one of these pipes. Which pipe? Well, you got me there, buddy.



See the dining room. Now, we have both a chandelier and nice blue walls.



"It's talking toilet!" Well, it doesn't talk. But it works, and that's good enough to me. The new sink is to its right (from sitting position).



The new sink. Ruth is proud of this. I'm proud of it because it's a tall sink, meaning I don't have to bend over.



The cabinet doors are back on the cabinets and everything is in its painted glory.



The range and the dishwasher. The plumber spent so much time fixing pipe that appliance placement will come later.



This is how I remember where I live. This is actually the gravestone of the person who lived here before, and I put flowers in front and a pot of milk on top.



Now the wife has me priming shelves! Sheesh!



Ruth has painted the beadboard. But we're having some problems with the shoe molding. Paging Judy...!



Some new tile to fill the gap.

2 Comments:

  • Great googly moogly! as Frank Zappa said once. An enormous amount of work!

    By Blogger Frank Sinisterra, at 9:57 AM  

  • Its looks so nice. As nice as this article. I hope that you will post more and thank you for sharing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home